Transfer Degrees

Arizona Transfer

Cochise College offers the first two years of a four-year program for students who wish to earn a bachelor’s degree.

Transfer degree programs include the Associate of Arts (AA) for liberal arts, social science, and fine arts majors; Associate of Arts Elementary Education (AAEE); Associate of Business (ABUS) for business administration and computer information systems majors; and Associate of Science (AS) for natural, physical, and life science majors. These degrees are designed to transfer to all Arizona public universities. A student can enter the university as a junior after completing one of these associate degrees. Although these degrees are designed for transfer to all Arizona public universities, not all Arizona public universities offer majors in all areas. Students should consult with an advisor in the Student Development Center to ensure that their chosen university offers a degree in their area of study and that they select the most appropriate courses for this degree.

A statewide agreement between Arizona public community colleges and universities guarantees students two ways to transfer: (1) earning an associate degree or (2) completing a general education block called the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC). The AGEC block fulfills the lower-division general education requirements at all Arizona public community colleges and universities. For most majors, Cochise College recommends students transfer after having completed an AGEC or associate degree to ensure a seamless process.

Information on transfer to one of the three state universities—Arizona State University (ASU), Northern Arizona University (NAU), or the University of Arizona (U of A)—is available online at The AZTransfer website provides information regarding policies and procedures for transferring credits from community colleges to the public universities in the state of Arizona. Students can see how their coursework will transfer to Arizona’s public universities by visiting the website of the Arizona Course Equivalency Guide (CEG) at In addition, the Shared Unique Number (SUN) System helps students identify courses that will directly transfer among Arizona’s community colleges and three public universities. Using the SUN System, students can easily search for and enroll in courses that offer direct equivalency at other Arizona colleges and universities. Information is available online at

Cochise College also has some specific transfer agreements with each of these universities. Students should consult with an advisor for more detailed information on these options.

Private Transfer Agreements

Cochise College also has private articulation agreements with the following institutions. Students can check the websites or consult with a Cochise College advisor.

American Public University System
Ashford University
California University of Pennsylvania
Capella University
Chamberlain College
Charter Oak State College
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Franklin University
Grand Canyon University
Kaplan University
Northcentral University
University of Phoenix
University of the Potomac
Wayland Baptist University
Western International University
Western New Mexico University